Is annual maintenance necessary?
How do I know what size system to install?
Do you provide 24-hour service?
Approximately how long does it take you to install an air conditioning or heating system?
Is propane a safe fuel?
Why should I buy propane from AFC?
- We take exceptional care of our customers. You will receive the same excellent, responsive service we offer to all of our customers.
- Our prices are very competitive.
- No minimum delivery required.
- Our surcharges are very low. All propane dealers are required to collect these charges, but some of our competitors charge five or six times what we charge. If you already buy your heating oil from us, it will make it more convenient to get your heating oil and propane from one source.
- And here’s one more thing you may want to consider: AFC is your local propane company; our employees are your neighbors, and AFC is very active in the community.
What should I do if my heating system doesn’t work?
- Check for a tripped circuit breaker or a blown fuse.
- Make sure the thermostat is set above room temperature or in the “heat” position. If it’s a digital thermostat and the display screen is blank, you either need new batteries or the power supply has been interrupted.
- Look to see if the power switch for your heating system is turned on. Sometimes, these get turned off accidentally.
- Check your tank to see if you have heating fuel.
- If you have an oil heating system, press the reset button on the burner relay—ONCE ONLY. If your system doesn’t start after you push the reset button the first time, do not push it again. Pushing this button more than once can cause your heating system to “flood.” Too much oil will get pumped into the combustion chamber, resulting in a lengthy and costly repair.
How does a furnace work?
What is a cracked heat exchanger?
On mild winter days my furnace runs in short blasts and my home alternates from being too hot to being too cold. How can I fix this?
I hear a lot of talk about high-efficiency heating systems. How do you determine a heating system’s efficiency?
At what temperature should I set my thermostat?
Should I install a programmable thermostat?
HEATING OIL PRICES
Are your prices competitive?
Which way are prices likely to go?
If I choose your EasyPay Plan, how do you come up with my monthly payment?
Approximately how long does it take you to install a central or ductless air conditioning unit?
How much does an air conditioner cost?
Can I get a quote over the phone?
What does SEER stand for?
Is it OK to “mix and match” air conditioning components of different efficiencies? Just because my compressor is on its way out, does it mean I have to replace my indoor unit as well?
My home does NOT have forced-air heating, and, therefore, there is no ductwork. Can I still get central air conditioning?
Do I really need a tune-up for my air conditioner?
OIL STORAGE TANKS
Where should I put my new aboveground tank?
What can I do to maintain my water heater?
- Every three months, drain a gallon of water from the tank. Do it every month if you have hard water. This reduces the amount of sediment collecting in the bottom of the tank, which can make the burner or heating coils work harder.
- Every year have your water heater inspected by a service technician to keep it in peak operating condition.
REPLACE OR REPAIR
How can I determine whether it will be more cost efficient for me to repair or replace my old heating or air conditioning system?
Replace your system if:
- it is more than 10 years old and only in average condition.
- it does not keep you as comfortable as you would like.
- it breaks down frequently.
- you will be living in your home for at least five more years.
- it is less than 10 years old and in good condition.
- your heating and cooling costs have been acceptable.
- you’re pleased with your level of comfort.
- its performance is reliable.
- you will be moving within the next five years.
- it is still under warranty.